Create personalized messages and links in your PowerMail issues using Merge Fields and Form Links. Both of these tools allow your outgoing message to access your Databank member records and personalize both the outgoing message and links to Databank forms and Advocacy actions.
What are Merge Fields?
Merge Fields are commonly used in bulk emails to personalize the outgoing message. The most common merge field used is first name, but can also include last name, most recent contribution and more. Wherever the merge field is located in your PowerMail issue, that field will be replaced by the corresponding information from your member's Databank record.
Using Merge Fields
- Point your mouse to where you want to insert the Merge Field
- Use the Merge Field menu to select the appropriate merge field
- The corresponding information will now be inserted in that location (e.g. first name will be inserted into the [FNAME] merge field)
note: If there is no first name associated with the email receiving your PowerMail, the merge field will insert Friend.
What are Form Links?
Similar to the way that Merge Fields pull from your Databank records to create personalized PowerMails, Form Links access your Databank to create personalized links in your forms. When a member clicks on a link which has been inserted using the form link menu, the form will now include all the relevant information from your Databank, such as their name, address, email and more.
Using Form Links
- Point your mouse to where you want to insert the Form Link
- Use the Form Link menu to select the appropriate form
- Move your cursor to the text to edit the link verbiage
Note: Form links from Advocacy Actions can be either text or an Act Now button
Using a Form Link with an image
- Rght-click the link to open the Edit Link dialog box and copy the link address
- Move your cursor to the image you want to have linked
- Click the Link button in the toolbar
- Paste the link into the dialog box
Please sign in to leave a comment.