Advocacy Actions created in SoftEdge can be set to allow your Activists to customize the message.
There are two ways to let your Activists customize their message.
- The entire message of the Action can be edited
- A message field can be added to the Action which allows your Activists to add their comments to the message
1. The entire message of the Action can be edited
Click Message Settings in Step 2 of your Action
Change Message Editing to Allow Editing
The message of the Action can now be edited by your Activists
2. Add a message field to the Action to let your Activists add a personal comment
Click Contact Form in Step 2 of your Action
Click Add Custom Field
Add your Custom Field
- Add a new field, or select a previously created message field
- Name your field
- Choose the type of input
- Select if it is required
- Add instructions
The display name and instructions will be displayed on your Action
To add a message, select Text Field.
Click here for an explanation of the different input types.
Insert your Custom Field into the message as a Merge Field
- Select your Custom Field from the available merge fields
- Click Insert Merge Field
- The merge field will now be available in your Action