This tutorial will walk you through the process of getting your API credentials from PayPal to use with the PayPal Checkout service in your Databank. This sets up the PayPal button your donors will see when submitting a payment.
Please note that you must have a PayPal merchant account to set up PayPal Checkout.
Once you have your credentials by following the directions below, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the information in a support ticket in your Databank.
1. Log into your PayPal Merchant account
Don't have a PayPal merchant account? Follow this link to sign up on the PayPal site.
When you log in you're presented with a Dashboard page:
2. Select More > Business Setup from the top menu.
3. Switch to the Payment Setup tab
4. In the "On your website" section, click the plus sign next to Option B.
5. Click "Set up API access when you're ready to go live"
6. Select NVP/SOAP API integration
7. Click "Request API signature"
Do not click "Request API certificate."
8. Copy the following API information
Click the "Show" links to see the values, then copy/paste them to a support ticket.